A successful outcome in any aviation accident case requires an understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations, principles of airmanship and the common law that has developed in the litigation of these accidents. In addition to being a trial lawyer, Mr. Shoemaker is a pilot with over 500 hours of flight time.
There are many possible causes of an airline or aircraft accident. Legal actions brought in the wake of an airline and aircraft accidents have been based upon:
- Pilot errors
- FAA regulation violations
- Defective design or structure of an aircraft
- Defective equipment
- Flight service station employee negligence
- Negligence in the third-party selection of a carrier
- Federal air traffic controller negligence
- Military air crews injured or killed because of product defects or third-party (non-military) negligence
Mr. Shoemaker has over 22 years of experience as a trial attorney and is a partner in the law firm of Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein, L.C. ("PWHD"), based in Virginia. Mr. Shoemaker, his partners and associates are available for representation nationwide.
If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one in an aviation accident, we encourage you to either contact us online or call 757-223-4580 today. One of our paralegals will review the facts of your case with you and then Mr. Shoemaker will call you and discuss your case with you free of charge*.