When you are injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it can be difficult to know what to do next. Suddenly, you and your family are facing medical and financial issues that you never expected. An experienced litigation attorney like James H. Shoemaker, Jr. can help you understand your rights and pursue the necessary legal action for your medical and economic recovery.
Call 757-223-4580 today for your personal injury consultation. Mr. Shoemaker proudly represents clients in Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads, Washington D.C., and throughout the United States.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Unfortunately, innocent people often get hurt when another party chooses to behave negligently and irresponsibly. James Shoemaker represents victims that have been harmed by many types of accidents and situations, including:
- Automobile and motorcycle accidents: Accidents involving a car, truck, or motorcycle have a high potential to cause devastating personal injuries. Drivers who engage in unacceptable behavior such as speeding, driving under the influence, or failing to obey traffic laws should be held responsible for the harm that they cause.
- Airline & Aircraft Accidents: Mr. Shoemaker is an experienced pilot who is capable of handling complex aircraft accident cases. These tragic cases often result in wrongful death or life-altering personal injuries. Mr. Shoemaker knows how to examine the details of a plane crash to find out who is responsible for the accident that injured you or your loved one.
- Boating Accidents: Everyone who chooses to operate a boat must do so in a safe and reasonable way. Individuals who fail to follow boating regulations are a danger to themselves and others on the water. Common causes of accidents include boating under the influence, speeding, and failing to follow right-of-way directions.
- Medical Malpractice: When you are sick or injured, you turn to a medical professional for help. Most of the time, doctors and nurses provide their patients with a reasonable standard of care. But when they don’t, their patients can suffer severe injuries and complications.
- Civil Rights Violations: Federal law offers additional protections for those who were injured or killed as the result of a civil rights violation. Mr. Shoemaker can help you navigate your civil rights violation case. He will help determine if your case should be filed in federal or state court.
Even if you were partially at fault for your accident, you might still be able to recover compensation.
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Case
Mr. Shoemaker will explore every angle of your case and take the time to find out how your injury has affected your life. By taking this comprehensive approach, he will be able to fight for the total compensation that you deserve.
You may be able to receive compensation for factors such as:
- Prescription drug expenses
- Physical therapy
- Additional medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Property damage or loss
- Modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
During your consultation, Mr. Shoemaker will explain your legal rights for recovery. You deserve compensation for all of the ways that your injury has affected you financially and emotionally in the past, and how it may continue to do so in the future.
Act Quickly After Your Personal Injury
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to act fast. Seek legal guidance as soon as possible to protect your right to justice and compensation.
You have a limited time to file a lawsuit after your injury. This timeframe is known as a statute of limitations, and it generally begins after you are injured or after you discover your injury.
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases varies by state. In Virginia, you have 2 years to file a lawsuit after you are injured. There are certain exceptions to the statute of limitations, so contact Mr. Shoemaker to find out if you might have a case.
Call Today for Your Personal Injury Consultation
With decades of experience as a trial attorney, James H. Shoemaker, Jr. is available to provide dedicated and compassionate legal representation to injured clients nationwide.
If you have been injured in an accident call Mr. Shoemaker today at 757-223-4580. One of our paralegals will review the facts of your case with you and then Mr. Shoemaker will call you and discuss your case with you free of charge*.
Located in Newport News, Mr. Shoemaker serves clients throughout Virginia, Virginia Beach, Washington, DC, and the United States.