It is difficult to predict or imagine all the different types of fraud that can be perpetrated on the federal and state governments. In addition to defense and healthcare fraud, other types of fraud that have occurred include fraud involving:
- Government construction projects
- Issuance of government bonds and debt instruments
- State and federal research programs
- Leasing of oil and mineral rights
- Sale of all types of products and services to the government, including computer equipment, software, etc.