Posted: September 15, 2022
Most people have never had to hire a personal injury lawyer. But if you've suffered an injury in an accident, you may need one to get the compensation you deserve.
What's a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer is a professional who supplies legal assistance to individuals who allege they were hurt, physically or psychologically, due to the carelessness of another individual, company, a state agency, or entity. Personal injury lawyers mainly practice in the realm of law referred to as tort law.
A Personal Injury Attorney: Why Should You Hire One?
An injury at work or an accident in the car can change your life forever. If the injury is serious, the case will be more complex, and a personal injury lawyer will be more valuable to you.
It's easy to feel skeptical about hiring an attorney, but credible referrals can help you find an experienced, reputable lawyer to make your decision easier.
The following are 5 compelling reasons why you should hire a lawyer instead of handling it yourself or not pursuing a case. Consider putting your case under the management of a lawyer.
Here's why you should consider hiring a personal injury lawyer:
- You could get a larger settlement. The insurance industry wants to settle claims as quickly and cheaply as possible. A personal injury lawyer will fight for a larger settlement covering all your damages.
- You don't have to deal with the insurance company. After an accident, you'll likely be dealing with an insurance adjuster. But if you hire a personal injury lawyer, they will deal with the insurance company for you.
- You have a better chance of winning in court. If your case goes to trial, a personal injury lawyer will know how to build a strong case and present it in court.
- You may not have to go to court. Insurance companies are more likely to settle if they know you have a lawyer.
- You most likely won't have to pay anything upfront. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. That means you won't have to pay anything unless you win your case.
Get a Free Consultation
Get a free consultation with James H. Shoemaker if you have suffered an injury in an accident. His service areas are Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads, Washington D.C., and other cities. Give us a call at 888-852-9367 for help with your personal injury case.